Seyfferdt Publishers is in the business of writing, developing and publishing educational textbooks.
We offer our services to educational institutions by providing them with quality textbooks and learning materials.
We also publish for individuals and other educational entities – always keeping the quality of our product in check. The majority of our textbooks are directed at the public (TVET) and private college market. We employ both full- and part-time subject specialists to develop and write learning content of the highest quality.
Seyfferdt Publishers was established in 1992 after Sonja Groenewald (CEO) and Helene Strydom (Publishing Manager) decided to write and publish an Accounting textbook for colleges.
Being lecturers at technical colleges in Pretoria and Nelspruit at the time, Sonja and Helene identified a need in the market. Up to that point, technical colleges had made use of school textbooks as none existed for these colleges.
TVET college textbooks
- The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) releases the syllabi for the various college subjects.
- Seyfferdt Publishers sources subject specialists to compile and write textbooks for the various subjects.
- The subject specialist uses the syllabus as a guideline by which to write the textbook. A great deal of research, time and effort is given to produce quality learning material.
- The manuscript is sent to the typesetter who sets the book in a publishable format. A team of graphic designers takes care of the visual representation of the textbook.
- The first draft copy is printed and sent for proofreading.
- Necessary alterations to the design, layout and printing format are made.
Language and typing errors are corrected.
- The textbook is reprinted, and a final copy is sent to the writer.
- Where relevant, the textbook is screened by the DHET.
- Colleges and bookshops can order textbooks through our website, by email or by fax.
- Textbooks are printed on demand, packaged, and dispatched from our facilities.
what makes us
- We offer an all-in-one service. Seyfferdt Publishers is one of four companies that form part of Colourtech Holdings. As such, we do not need to outsource any service. We can manage your publishing, typesetting, graphic designing, printing, e-books and dispatching.
- We aim to establish strong personal relationships with our clients.
- Our writers employ a comprehensible writing style that is relevant and refreshing.
Simply put, our textbooks are student-friendly.
- Excellence and integrity are our cornerstones. We believe in publishing textbooks of high quality that will empower students to master their work.
- We encourage feedback. The Seyfferdt Publishers team is open to answering questions regarding our textbooks and are available to correspond with via email.